Who Are We?
www.willyandhobby.com.au (Site) is owned by Willy and Hobby Pty Ltd trading as Willy and Hobby (WAH, we, our, us).
WAH has established this Site as a vehicle for the public (Users) to access listings of businesses, provide reviews on local businesses in the Williamstown and Hobsons Bay Council Region and neighbouring suburbs (Local Business) and to engage with other Users and to source information about Williamstown Victoria.
Willy and Hobby is about providing relevant, useful and informative information about Williamstown for Williamstown residents. The content on this site has been included in good faith and we include information from free public information that is widely available and recommendations from our Users and comments posted by followers on our www.facebook.com/willyandhobby. You must ensure that you always check the information provided is up to date before entering into any commitment or taking any action based on our content. You acknowledge that any content or recommendation is not formal advice and you should always seek your own professional advice.
Facebook Moderation Policy
Willy and Hobby encourages and appreciates comments from our Users on our stories. However, those comments must contribute to a neighbourly conversation, and in general they cannot be abusive, contain personal attacks, be inflammatory, racist or be overly profane. WAH reserves the right to make the decisions about which comments violate these ground rules, and will moderate the comments at our discretion.
Your access/use implies agreement
Local Business information
We publish information and data about Local Businesses in our (Business Directory) on the Site.
We make no representations or warranties about the truth, accuracy, completeness, security or currency of the content or information contained on our Site (Our Content), including the competence, character or identity of any Local Businesses listed on the Site.
You must keep your username and/or password for the Site confidential and free from unauthorised use.
Access to our website
You are allowed to view, use, copy, and distribute materials found on the Site for internal, non-commercial and informational purposes only. However, you are prohibited from data mining, scraping, crawling, or using any process or processes that send automated queries to the Site. You may not use the site to compile a collection of listings, including but not limited to a competing listing product or service. If you would like to reproduce any information on this site please contact us
Submission of Content
You acknowledge that all content (including text, images and any other data) submitted to or through us (whether this be via email, comment form, blog, enquiry, posting of review or recommendation, on our Facebook page or Instagram page or by any other means) and includes information on our job board, lost and found, buy and sell, free stuff and other pages on our website (Your Content) will not be considered confidential or proprietary and we are under no obligation to keep such information confidential.
By submitting Your Content through the Site, you grant us a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, unrestricted, worldwide licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, enhance, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, display, or sublicense any such communication in any medium and for any purpose, including commercial purposes, and to authorise others to do so.
You must not submit information that:
- you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non-disclosure agreements);
- publicly reveals sensitive or confidential personal information about yourself or others such as an email address, phone number or address; and
- would infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties.
Recommendation and Review Policy
Your Content may be seen and used by other Users and Local Businesses. We are not responsible for misuse or misappropriation of any of Your Content.
We do not endorse, support, sanction, encourage, verify or agree with Your Content including without limitation the comments, opinions, or statements posted or otherwise contained on the Site.
All ratings and recommendations are reviewed before publication to the Site and we reserve the right but have no obligation to, amend, supplement, delete or update Our Content and Your Content, without notice to you and at our sole discretion. However, if we become aware of any defamatory, misleading, false or offensive material in Your Content, we will remove such material.
Our decision in relation to edit, delete or remove content is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
By submitting a rating and recommendation you acknowledge and agree that the recommendation and rating (Recommendation and Review) is in place for Users to inform other Users about the experiences Users have had with a Local Business.
By submitting a Recommendation and Review, Users acknowledge and agree to the following:
- that the recommendation and rating is true and accurate to the best of the User’s honest knowledge and belief;
- that the User has been a customer of the Local Business for which the User is submitting the recommendation and rating the User has no connection (other than a customer-business relationship) to the owner or any employee of the Local Business or any trade competitor of that business;
- the User may submit as many the recommendation and rating as the User wishes, but the User may only submit one recommendation for each Local Business during a 12 month period;
- that the User is legally responsible for everything the User submits and indemnifies us against any claim in law, equity or otherwise which may arise from the posting of the User’s the recommendation and rating on the Site; and
- that the User must not identify the name of any employee or agent of the Local Business.
Subscription to our Newsletter
If you have subscribed to our newsletter and want to unsubscribe, either fill out the contact form on on our Contact page or Email us.
The Site may contain links to third party websites which in turn may contain hyperlinks to further third party sites (known collectively as Linked Sites). These are provided for your convenience only and you are responsible for evaluating whether you want to use a Linked Site.
We do not control, we are not responsible for and we do not endorse any features, content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from a Linked Site.
You acknowledge that we may receive payments and/or commissions from operators of Linked Sites as a result of your click-throughs to the Linked Site from our Site.
If you are a Local Business, you acknowledge by submitting a business listing to the Site (Listing) that:
- you are a director of the company, the business owner, or have authority to speak directly on behalf of the company director or business owner;
- all information you submit is correct, accurate to the best of your knowledge and that you agree to its publication without conditions;
- you will be held responsible for the accuracy of all data that you submit;
- you are the rightful and legal owner of any trade mark, logo or other insignia that you provide for publishing on the Site;
- you are legally responsible for everything the you submit and indemnify us against any claim in law, equity or otherwise which may arise from you posting any content on to the Site;
- A local business may request removal of the Listing at any time – you acknowledge that there will not be a pro rata refund of the fee paid for the listing;
- WAH may remove your Listing if you close your business, your business is being investigated by an official authority or government body or in WAH’s unfettered discretion your business is not providing the service level required to be listed in our business directory – you acknowledge that there will not be a pro rata refund of the fee paid for the listing
Job Listing, Buy and Sell, Free Stuff
These listing are free and provided as a community service.
By submitting a listing, Users acknowledge and agree to the following:
- that the information in the listing is true and accurate to the best of the User’s honest knowledge and belief;
- that the User is legally responsible for everything the User submits and indemnifies us against any claim in law, equity or otherwise which may arise from the posting of the User’s listing on the Site; and
You acknowledge that the Site is a venue only and we are not a party to, and do not participate in any transaction between you and any Local Business or other User. So if a dispute arises please seek professional advice rather than contacting us.
Ownership of intellectual property
You acknowledge that all materials displayed on the Site, including without limitation all information, text, materials, graphics, software, tools, results derived from the use of software and tools, advertisements, names, logos and trademarks on the Site (Intellectual Property Rights) are our property or the property of their respective owners and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws unless expressly indicated otherwise on the Site.
You may not contact any business listed on this Site, using the contact details they have published on this Site, to approach them in regards to offering online advertising packages.
Liability and Indemnification
To the extent the law permits, neither we, nor our directors, officers, agents, employees or contactors will be liable for any loss or damage, however, arising (whether in negligence or otherwise), in connection with your use of the Site, any Linked Site or Our Content or any omissions from Our Content.
You indemnify us and hold us harmless for all damages, losses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable legal costs) related to all third party claims, charges, liabilities and investigations caused by:
- any activity in which you engage yourself, or through us.
To the extent permitted by law, the Site is provided to you ‘as is’ without warranty, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to the implied warranties of truth, accuracy, reliability, title, merchantability, non-infringement of third parties’ rights, and fitness for any particular purpose, or any other warranty, condition, guarantee or representation (whether oral or in writing), including but not limited to the accuracy or completeness of any information contained therein or provided by Us.
You acknowledge that your use of the Site, your Content, Our Content, Listings and Linked Sites is entirely at your own risk.
We do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your computer system or data which arises in connection with your use of the Site.
Although reasonable precautions have been taken, we do not guarantee that access to the Site will be uninterrupted, or that there will be no failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, or that no viruses will be transmitted on the Site.
Terms that are in (bold and brackets) are defined terms.