After taking over the unique seafood barge business one month ago, the Olver family have thrown themselves into the deep end for a busy Christmas trading period as the new owners of Gem Pier Seafood in Williamstown.
Anthony and Kelli are the husband and wife team behind the freshest seafood in Williamstown, together with their four children, who all lend a hand on deck with Will shucking the oysters and Hannah looking after marketing and social media.
“The kids are involved in everything. We wanted to give them first hand experience on how to run their own business and they love it,” said Kelli.
The Olvers are a little different to most fish sellers because they own and fish from their own boats that are responsible for the majority of what they sell, ensuring they stay in complete control of the quality of seafood throughout the entire process.
Anthony and Kelli took over the business from mussel farmers and they still continue to use the previous owner’s mussels, which in addition to the prawns, oysters, scallops, crabs, crayfish, snapper, flathead and salmon, keeps customers coming back for more.
If you need to snag yourself some last minute seafood for Christmas, visit the Olver family on board their barge at Gem Pier in Williamstown. Gem Pier Seafood are open on Saturday 9.00am – 3.00pm and Sunday 8.30am – 11.30am.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? WAH is here to help, just email us at email@example.com
- Sign up for the weekly Willy and Hobby Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @willyandhobby
- Tweet us on Twitter @willyandhobby
- Pin us on Pinterest willyandhobby
- Tell your friends about WAH (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that WAH is a website and they do not have to have access to any social media apps to enjoy WAH – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow WAH but don’t have facebook or instagram.