Williamstown Little Theatre came home winners from the 2017 Victorian Drama League Awards last night, rewarding the hard working production team and recognising the efforts with a celebration of another great year of theatre.
Held at Merrimu Receptions in Chadstone, the 21st annual awards night saw Williamstown Little Theatre nominated in nine out of the 21 award categories, where they took home three awards for the Shirley Sydenham directed ‘Vincent in Brixton’ production by Nicholas Wright.
Tony Tartaro won Best Costume Design in a Comedy or Drama, Barbara Hughes and Maria Haughey collected Best Properties and Kerry Drumm took out Best Set Designer, thanking her team whilst sharing the excitement of the win in a post to social media.
“This is for all the amazing set builders and painters at Williamstown Little Theatre! We did it! We won! Wahoo,” said Drumm.
Shirley Sydenham from Williamstown Little Theatre was nominated for Best Direction of a Drama for ‘Vincent in Brixton’, with the award going to Williamstown Little Theatre friend Tess Maurici-Ryan from Elthan Little Theatre for their production of ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’.
Another friend of Williamstown Little Theatre and also MC for event, Helen Ellis, won Best Director of a Comedy for ‘Outside Mullingar’, produced by the Mordialloc Theatre Company.
Do you have a local issue you would like help with? WAH is here to help, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for the weekly Willy and Hobby Newsletter
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram @willyandhobby
- Tweet us on Twitter @willyandhobby
- Pin us on Pinterest willyandhobby
- Tell your friends about WAH (they will thank you!!). Remember to tell them that WAH is a website and they do not have to have access to any social media apps to enjoy WAH – we often speak to people who tell us they want to follow WAH but don’t have facebook or instagram.